Friday, February 22, 2013

Arrived in Tokyo

Hello Ainsley,

I arrived in Tokyo on February 19th, 2013.  The flight from Calgary took 10 hours.  I was pretty tired when I arrived and quickly learned what "jet lag" was.  Can you believe that Japan is 16 hours ahead of your time in Rimbey?

I am staying 20km outside of Tokyo in an area called Fuchu.  It is not nearly as busy as Tokyo, but still much busier than Rimbey. 

Tokyo is the capital city of Japan and has about 13 million people living in the city.  If you count the people in Tokyo and its surrounding area, there are 32 million people.  That is the population of Canada!

Tokyo is about 2,000 square kilometers and has about 14,000 people living in each kilometer.   I think Rimbey has about 200 people per square kilometer.  I cannot believe how many people live here!


This is a picture of Tokyo.  In the background you can see the famous Mount Fuji.  I just got back from a ski trip near this famous volcano.  I will tell you more about it in my next post.

Your friend,

Flat Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment