Friday, March 1, 2013

Temples

Ainsley,

There are lots of Temples in Japan.  The temple is where people go to pray.  Just down from my house there is a small temple that I visited.
 At the temples you will find many kinds of statutes.  Some are used for the gardens and others are used to send special prayers to.

 Below, I am standing with a stature named Jizo.  He is the protector of small children. You will always see him dressed in red/pin bib and bonnet to resemble a child.

I am having a great time here Ainsley, but I am looking forward to coming home next week.

Take Care

Your friend,

Flat Sarah

2 comments:

  1. looks like you're having a lot of fun. Now I want to come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so exciting Ainsley. I talked to my host family and they said you are more than welcome to come for a visit. They said that you should come for at least 2 weeks. What do you think?

      Flat Sarah

      Delete